Overview: The goal of the program is provide late-stage PhD students with opportunities to interact with scholars at other institutions.
Eligible students: PhD students participating in this year’s job market or who would normally be participating in the market but are facing delays and uncertainties due to recruitment limits this year. Eligibility includes but is not limited to students who participated in this year’s CCC conference. We will consider applications from PhD students at earlier stages and from post-docs, though will give preference as noted above.
- Length: Varies, depending on host scholar
- Type of engagement: Varies, depending on host; may include mix of virtual seminars, workshops, classes, and discussions with PhD students and scholars at host institution
- Relationship with host institution: May be formal or informal, depending on context
- Compensation: None
- Note: Depending on the progress of the program, we may be able to initiate a second round of matches in the fall, though this is not guaranteed at this point.
Application procedure: If you are interested in participating as a student, here is the procedure.
- Options: Review the list and see what opportunities would be interesting to you.
- Information: Send an email to Alfonso Gambardella and Will Mitchell, with the following information:
- A description of your research interests
- Your stage in your PhD program and when you expect to complete your dissertation
- A list of up to four preferred positions (rank order), noting (i) when you would like to start, (ii) how long you would like to participate, and (iii) how the positions fit with your research interests
- The name of your advisor(s)
- A statement from your advisor noting support for the application
- Matches: We will do our best to meet requests, though cannot guarantee any positions. Positions will be subject to agreement from the host scholars.
Deadline: The deadline for receiving applications is July 8, 2020.
Emails for applications
We look forward to your applications.
Rajshree Agarwal, Jeff Furman, Alfonso Gambardella, Will Mitchell, Sonali Shah, Chris Tucci